Thursday, April 22, 2010

"Hi, we are the Skaliwaggs, nice to meet you..."

Today my children looked like....what was it that my Mother used to say?....Skaliwaggs, yes, thats it.  Alli 's hair wasn't combed, not even a run through.  She was wearing a sundress that was entirely wrong for the weather and she refused to wear a sweater over it, or a shirt under it (she is VERY particular about her clothes).  Although it was partly the weather that was bothering me, I had also decided it was high time she start shifting away from wearing sleevless things for modestys sake.  I brought up the issue and an argument ensued, but I later found out that it was more about her vision for her outfit today than modesty.  She is OK with that principle and it sounds as if she is on board, but I should have known that asking her to deviate from her planned outfit would not go over well.  We compromised.  She wore the cartigan under the sundress!

...Jacob wore a St. Patrick's day shirt, (only a month and a half late) with bug boots on the wrong feet, and Lincoln wore his pajamas all day.  I got dressed, but I didn't shower....oh, and I haven't put in my contacts more than a handful of times since the baby was born.  Alli decided she should start drawing me with glasses.  I better get it together soon...I don't think I want to imortalized like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment